Active Shooter for PCOs
Course Description: This course will help PCOs/Dispatchers to better understand Active Shooter incidents by recognizing different types of incidents, discussing call taking and dispatching strategies, and reviewing case studies from previous National incidents, to assist in officer and victim safety.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/6 Hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
1. Define the active shooter.
2. Know the four types of Active Shooter incidents.
3. Have knowledge of profiling vs. threat assessment.
4. Understand call taking/dispatching skills related to Active Shooters.
5. Review and discuss case studies of previous incidents.
NOTE: A Non-PSP Active Shooter Class for Dispatchers is also offered.
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Academy||5/22/2018 9:00 AM||5/22/2018 3:00 PM||Mrs. Kathy Korb-Dinges, 717-533-9111, Extension 417, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|Other, See Notes||5/3/2018 9:00 AM||5/3/2018 3:00 PM||Mrs. Kathy Korb-Dinges, 717-533-9111, Extension 417, email@example.com||No|