Building Search Techniques
Course Description: Recognized as one of the most dangerous tasks the responding officer is required to complete. Most officers have not received adequate training and those that have, do not practiced to maintain a high level of proficiency. This course will teach students the elements of a proper search including: preparation, information, equipment, response and approach, and searching techniques. Students will participate in classroom lecture as well as hands; on drills. Topics include: Search Techniques, verbal and non-verbal communication, movement within the building, search guidelines and breeching.
- Complete set of issued duty leather gear. Complete set of issued duty leather gear.
Instructional Hours: 2 Days/16 Hours.
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will possess the knowledge and skill required to conduct a thorough building search while maintaining officer safety. After completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify elements of a successful search.
- Demonstrate proper approach and response.
- Demonstrate proper clearing of stairwells.
- Identify special problem areas.
- Execute the use of mirror and shield to clear corners.
- Explain and perform dynamic entries.
Audience: MP, PSP Enlisted
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# - CLE00516
Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130
For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page
|NWTC||3/20/2018 9:00 AM||3/21/2018 3:00 PM||Acting Commander, 814-332-8666||No|