CLOSE-QUARTER BATTLE CQB
Course Description: This class is being presented to train students for close quarter encounters as well as enhance their abilities in dealing with these high stress situations using hands-on drills and live-fire exercises. With the use of weapon retention drills and close quarter live-fire drills, participants will be better prepared to handle these types of encounters when faced with such a challenge.
Topics include: use of force review, weapon retention drills, CQB shooting drills, and multiple threat drills.
Due to the advanced nature of the shooting platform being demonstrated, this course is designed for the experienced police officer possessing above-average proficiency with weapons handling, retention, and marksmanship.
- Department-issued pistol w/three magazines
- Body armor
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball-style cap
- 10 training rounds for Department pistol
- 1000 rounds of Department pistol ammunition* MP ONLY. Ammunition for PSP and LEO will be provided at training site.
- 10 rounds of Department shotgun ammunition (5 buckshot and 5 rifled slugs)
- Complete set of duty gear
- Appropriate range clothing, including inclement weather gear.
Instructional Hours: 2 Days / 16 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will possess the knowledge and skill required to apply Center Axis Relock techniques for weapons retention, defending from strikes and engaging threats. After completion, the student will be able to:
- Define Center Axis Relock.
- Identify the four weapon positions of Center Axis Relock.
- Perform weapons retention and blocking techniques.
- Perform effective hand switch techniques to engage threats with both strong and off hands.
- Effectively engage multiple threats utilizing the four weapon positions of Center Axis Relock.
Audience: MP, PSP Enlisted, PA ANG
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# CLE00518
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 30 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NETC||6/12/2018 9:00 AM||6/13/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, firstname.lastname@example.org||Yes|
|NETC||8/28/2018 9:00 AM||8/30/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, email@example.com||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page