Confronting the armed subject
Course Description: This course will provide information on the use of force continuums; information gathering techniques prior to the officer arriving on-scene and physical conditioning that should be maintained by the student. The student will also cover such things as the survival mind-set, being aware of the environment when on-scene and common tactics for disarming a subject with an edged weapon, pepper spray, handgun, and long-barreled guns.
- PA Crime Code.
- Minimum of 10 dummy rounds.
- Soft body armor, if available.
- Safety goggles or shooting glasses.
- Ear protection device.
- Department-issued handgun and three magazines.
- Seasonal weather gear.
- Baseball-style cap.
- Firearms cleaning kit (handgun and rifle).
- 500 rounds of rifle ammunition.
- 50 rounds of pistol ammunition.
- All participants are required to bring casual gym attire, soft body armor, and duty belt with related equipment.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/8 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to demonstrate and have a better understanding of the Use of Force continuums based on various responses. After completion, the student will be able to:
- The Use of Force options.
- Mental preparation of the officer.
- The Survival Triangle.
- Disarming techniques for various weapons.
- Police Liability as it relates to Use of Force.
Audience: LEO, MP, PSP Enlisted
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# - CLE00521
Additional Information: The student is required to attend the full class in order to receive credit for attendance.
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|SWTC||5/1/2018 9:00 AM||5/1/2018 3:00 PM||Acting Commander, 724-832-5250||No|