FIELD TRAINING OFFICER - FTO
Course Description: This course is required for Troopers who will be assigned to provide training and guidance to newly promoted Probationary Troopers, within the Field Training Program. Participants will receive information contained within the Administrative Regulations 5-2 (AR 5-2), Probationary Trooper Program. This course will also provide instructor development and leadership techniques to improve the effectiveness of the Probationary Trooper Program. This program will prepare the participant for future supervisory and leadership roles in the Department. Participants who wish to be Field Training Officers are encouraged to have a minimum of two years of patrol experience with the Department prior to being assigned as a Field Training Officer in the field.
Instructional Hours: 2 Days/16 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to identify, apply the requirements set forth in AR 5-2, including the standardized rating of Probationary Troopers as well as, instructing and leadership techniques.
After completion, the student will be able to:
1. Present a three-minute introduction speech.
2. Discuss the Psychology of learning.
3. Learn presentation methods.
4. Learn instructional methods.
5. Learn about different training aids.
6. Learn how to create lesson plans.
7. Learn how to create objectives.
8. Present a five-minute impromptu speech.
9. Discuss questioning techniques.
10. Discuss communication techniques.
11. Present a 15-minute teaching a skill presentation.
12. Take a written exam.
13. Present a 30-minute topic speech approved by the instructor.
Audience: PSP Enlisted
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NETC||3/7/2018 9:00 AM||3/8/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|NETC||5/29/2018 9:00 AM||5/30/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, email@example.com||No|
|NWTC||4/23/2018 9:00 AM||4/24/2018 3:00 PM||Acting Commander, 814-332-8666||No|
|SETC||5/22/2018 9:00 AM||5/23/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Dwayne R. Rouzer, 610-584-8633, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page