FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR - MP
Course Description: This course is designed to educate the experiences Pennsylvania Law Enforcement Officer on various methods used to conduct Firearms Qualification and training for their Municipal Police Department. Weapon systems that are covered are Semi-Automatic handgun, Revolver, Pump Action Shotgun, and Semi-Automatic Shotgun. Carbine instruction is covered under a separate 3-day training class. Students will be required to demonstrate proficiency with their handgun at the beginning and end of the course. The student must be able to score 85% or better upon completion of the course with their handgun and shotgun and score 75% or better on a written test.
Each course is limited by the constraints of the range, usually not less than 16 students.
- Department-issued handgun and shotgun.
- Body armor.
- Baseball-style cap.
- Ear protection.
- Safety goggles or shooting glasses.
- 10 training (dummy) rounds for Department handgun.
- 3 pistol magazines or 3 speed loaders (revolvers).
- 300 rounds of handgun ammunition.
- 5 rounds of 12 gauge 2 3/4" or 3" chambered rifled slug.
- 25 rounds of 12 gauge 2 3/4" or 3" chambered "00" buckshot.
- Complete set of leather gear, including handcuffs and key.
- Durable shirt and cargo pants (BDU) or uniform pants.
- Shoes or boots.
Instructional hours: 5 Days / 40 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be exposed to the knowledge and skills required to be a safe and effective Firearms Instructor.
After completion, the student will be able to:
- The Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety.
- Weapon care and cleaning.
- The Principals of Marksmanship.
- Diagnosing and correcting common shooting errors.
- Police liability.
- Use of force.
- Range control and safety procedures.
- Dim light engagement.
- Developing effective drills.
- Combat shooting.
Prerequisite(s): The student must be able to score 80% or better on the first day of instruction with their handgun. Failure to demonstrate proficiency at this level will result in the student being unenrolled.
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 8 - CLEE ID# CLE00524
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NETC||5/7/2018 9:00 AM||5/11/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|NWTC||5/7/2018 9:00 AM||5/11/2018 3:00 PM||Acting Commander, 814-332-8666||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page