FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR - PSP
Course Description: Members attending this course will receive instruction on the Department’s Firearms Qualification and Familiarization Courses, Proper Range Procedures, Tally Sheet Information, and Chemical Munitions. Members shall be required to score 85% or higher on the Department’s Pistol Combat Course (255/300), Shotgun Combat Course (85/100), and Dim-Light Combat Course (153/180) to be certified as a Firearms Instructor.
Members shall bring appropriate attire for both the classroom and the firing range.
Additional Information: Members shall also bring the following:
- Pennsylvania Crimes Code One tactical (ballistic) shield
- Issued pistol, weapon light and three magazines Approved personal handgun, if applicable
- Handheld Flashlight Firearms cleaning equipment
- Complete set of issued leather gear Safety goggles or glasses
- with four keepers One Remington Model 870P shotgun
- Department baseball-style cap One AR 15 Patrol Rifle
- Ear protection device
- Shotgun cleaning equipment
- Gas mask
- Soft body armor
- Riot helmet
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Not Offered at This Time||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page