Course Description: The focus of this course is to recognize a suspect's precursors to violence towards the law enforcement officer. The course includes methods to recognize verbal and non-verbal cues/gestures of resistance or assault. Students will learn to identify an subject's ulterior motives and deceptive techniques. Numerous case studies involving actual police footage will be examined to highlight the behavioral signs of attack. Common pitfalls that officers may experience will be discussed. The course also offers mental and physical tactics that the officer should use to prevail during an assault.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/8 Hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
- Explain non-verbal and verbal communication, as it relates to behavior most often present prior to assault or escape behaviors.
- Explain the fight or flight response and how it relates to a subject's decision making.
- Recognize common pre-attack posturing and communication tactics.
- Use effective techniques to diffuse hostility and aggression in the early stages of a potential attack.
- Explain various warning signals that justify Use of Force.
Audience: PSP Personnel; MP
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# CLE00525
Additional Information: N/A
Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130
For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page
|NETC||12/14/2017 9:00 AM||12/14/2017 3:00 PM||Sgt. Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|NETC||3/22/2018 9:00 AM||3/22/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, email@example.com||No|
|SETC||2/5/2018 9:00 AM||2/5/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Dwayne R. Rouzer, 610-584-8633||No|
|SETC||4/18/2018 9:00 AM||4/18/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Dwayne R. Rouzer, 610-584-8633, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|SETC||5/30/2018 9:00 AM||5/30/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Dwayne R. Rouzer, 610-584-8633, email@example.com||No|
|SWTC||4/30/2018 9:00 AM||4/30/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Joseph D. Glover, 724-832-5250, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|