Media Relations and the Public Information Officer (PIO) Function for Law Enforcement Agencies
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to educate Pennsylvania Law Enforcement in the different forums of media in order to properly release information to the public and how to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with local and national media outlets. A portion of this course will focus on release of information during high profile and critical events.
Instructional Hours: 3 Days/24 Hours
Instructional Objectives: To provide Department members and other law enforcement officials an understanding of how to work with the media. This will be accomplished through classroom instruction and hands-on exercises.
After completion, the student will be able to:
1. Introduce the role of Public Information Officer
2. Explain differences between print, broadcast and online media
3. Practice creating news releases and media alerts
4. Review best practices for interview preparation
5. Explain how to control an interview; introduce bridging language
6. Conduct mock interviews
Audience: PSP Enlisted, MP, LEO, and PSP Employee
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 24 - CLEE ID # CLE00678
This course is sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Police
|SWTC||3/26/2018 8:00 AM||3/28/2018 4:00 PM||Cpl. Mark Dean, email@example.com, 717-533-9111 ext. 450||No|