patrol response to Suicide Bomber
Course Description: This class will aid the student in identifying possible suicide/homicide bomber characteristics, devices, and methods. This course is designed to enhance the officer's ability to respond to encounters with suspected or actual suicide bombers utilizing personally worn or carried explosive devices. The student will also be able to determine the "best practices" response to a suicide bomber. The student will participate in classroom lecture as well as hands-on drills and live fire exercises.
- Department-issued Pistol with three magazines.
- Department-issued Patrol Rifle with two magazines.
- Body armor.
- Complete set of leather gear.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Baseball-style cap.
- 100 rounds of Department Pistol ammunition.
- 50 rounds of Department Rifle ammunition.
- Appropriate range clothing, including inclement weather gear.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/6 Hours
Instructional Objectives: The student will possess the information and skills that will aid them in the identification, response, and mitigation of a possible suicide/homicide bomber. Students will effectively engage threats at various distances to assess and enhance their skill while confronting a suicide/homicide bomber. After completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify common carry methods/concealment areas of person-borne improvised explosive devices.
- Identify criminal behavior indicators of suicide/homicide bombers.
- Identify the cover and distance needed to safely interdict a suicide/homicide bomber.
- Demonstrate control hold and takedown techniques for close quarter, hands-on interdiction of suicide/homicide bombers.
- Identify proper target area to neutralize a suicide/homicide bomber.
- Demonstrate firearm proficiency with the AR-15 at 25 and 50 yards.
- Demonstrate firearm proficiency with the issued pistol at 10 to 25 yards.
Audience: PSP Enlisted, MP
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# - CLE00540
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NETC||5/16/2018 9:00 AM||5/16/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, email@example.com||No|
|NETC||6/27/2018 9:00 AM||6/27/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|Other, See Notes||3/5/2018 8:00 AM||3/5/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Dwayne R. Rouzer, 610-584-8633, email@example.com||No|
Max Students - 12
Class being held at the Montgomery County Fire Academy.
All Municipal Officers who attend this training will be responsible to pay a $50.00 site fee.