Course Description: As per Management Directive 535.1 Amended, all first-level civilian supervisors shall participate in Supervisory Development training within six months of hire or promotion. Through this course, new supervisors or those who have not previously attended their Department – or Office of Administration – sponsored Basic Supervision will have the opportunity to further develop supervisory competencies.
Topics will include: the Changing Role and Functions of Supervisors, Leadership, Conflict Management, Coaching, The Performance Management System, Leave Administration, Classification, Labor Relations, MAP and SEAP for Supervisors, Sexual Harassment, and Workplace Violence.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/7.5 Hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
- Learn how to effectively communicate with others.
- Obtain knowledge on interviewing techniques.
- Have knowledge on:
- Benefits and Leave Administration.
- Labor Relations.
- MAP/SEAP and Harassment Awareness.
- Prevention and Cultural Awareness.
- Learn and incorporate the values of time management.
- Know how to deal with conflict management.
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Academy||4/16/2018 12:30 PM||4/20/2018 12:00 PM||Mr. Stephen M. Lynch, 717-533-9111, Extension 409, email@example.com||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page