Course Description: This two-day course teaches students to have increased confidence in their ability to successfully work through high-stress situations when engaged in violent encounters. Through the use of various live-fire exercises and situations, course participants will be better prepared to handle critical incidents. Topics include: moving and shooting drills, shotgun drills, wounded officer simulations, and disorientation drills.
Additional Information: Students are required to bring the following:
- Department-issued handgun and shotgun
- Body armor
- Baseball-style cap
- Ear protection
- Safety goggles or shooting glasses
- 10 training (dummy) rounds for Department handgun
- 3 pistol magazines or 3 speed loaders (revolver)
- 300 rounds of handgun ammunition*
- 5 rounds of 12 gauge, 2 ¾” or 3” chambered rifled slug*
- 25 rounds of 12 gauge, 2 ¾” or 3” chambered “00” buckshot*
- Complete set of leather gear including handcuffs and key
- Durable shirt and cargo pants (BDU) or uniform pants, shoes or boots, and sneakers
* MP ONLY. Ammunition for PSP will be provided at training site.
Note: Due to the nature of the class, it is recommended that all participants be in good physical condition.
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Academy||5/17/2018 9:00 AM||5/18/2018 3:00 PM||Corporal Nathan T. Trate, 717-533-9111, email@example.com||No|
|SWTC||6/4/2018 9:00 AM||6/5/2018 3:00 PM||Acting Commander, 724-832-5250||Yes|
|SWTC||6/6/2018 9:00 AM||6/7/2018 3:00 PM||Acting Commander, 724-832-5250||No|
|SWTC||10/9/2018 9:00 AM||10/10/2018 3:00 PM||SWTC Commander 724-832-5250||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page