TECHNICAL COLLISION INVESTIGATION
Course Description: This two-week course is designed to further enhance the collision investigators ability to analyze motor vehicle collisions. Students will be introduced to an in depth analysis of Newton's Laws of Motion and how they specifically apply to motor vehicle crashes. There will be heavy emphasis in the concepts of accelerated motion, airborne situations, and time/distance analysis. Students will also be introduced to the theory of conservation of linear momentum, along with energy formulae. Outdoor practicums will include methods of measuring vehicle accelerations and airborne vehicle testing.
- Students are required to bring a scientific calculator.
- Colored pencils to assist with the hands-on exercises.
- Students are also encouraged to bring a Blue-Blitz Traffic template.
Instructional Hours: 10 days / 80 hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
- Calculate the speed of a vehicle that was airborne.
- Calculate the speeds of vehicles involved in head-on/rear end type collisions by applying Conservation of Linear Momentum Analysis.
- Understand and calculate the change of velocity for vehicles involved in collisions.
- Apply time and distance relationships to collision investigations.
- Calculate vehicle acceleration.
Additional Information: A pretest will be administered prior to course attendance.
Prerequisite: Pennsylvania State Police On-Scene Collision Investigation – Level II. A copy of the certificate must accompany the application for enrollment in this course.
Audience: PSP Enlisted; MP
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID#: CLE00546
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|SWTC||6/18/2018 8:00 AM||6/29/2018 4:00 PM||Acting Commander, 724-832-5250||Yes|
<<<Back to Main Training Page