Course Description: This course is designed to educate the patrol officer in expanded methods of traffic enforcement through a better understanding of Chapter 67. The course provides detailed examples of enforceable equipment violations utilizing the Unlawful Activities Section, PAVC 75, 417(b,2), Title 67, Transportation and Current Vehicle Inspection Standards. Students will be shown a variety infographic examples of common violations. Students will then be educated on the appropriate methods to successfully enforce and prosecute citations of such infractions.
Each course is limited to 25 students.
This course is presented by the Pennsylvania Stater Police, in partnership with the Traffic Safety Research Prosecutors of PA. Instructors are members of the Pennsylvania State Police.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/8 Hours
Instructional Objectives: To expose the students to commonly overlooked vehicle code violations involving the equipment and condition of passenger cars, light trucks, and motorcycles that are governed by the PA Vehicle Code. After completion, the student will be able to:
- Have reviewed the statutory authority of the Vehicle Code.
- Discussed the legal difference between "probable cause" and "reasonable suspicion."
- Explored Section 4107(b,2) of the Vehicle Code in detail.
- Explored Title 67, Transportation.
- Have been given multiple examples of vehicle equipment violations that are current based on title.
- Prepared mock traffic citations for such violations.
- Discussed current case law as it relates to vehicle equipment violations.
- Participated in a mock summary trial for such a violation.
- Completed a written test with a passing score of 70%.
Audience: PSP; MP
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# - CLE00550
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NETC||12/20/2017 9:00 AM||12/20/2017 3:00 PM||Sgt. Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, email@example.com||No|
|NETC||1/25/2018 9:00 AM||1/25/2018 3:00 PM||Sergeant Andrew F. Wilk, 570-288-3659, firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
<<<Back to Patrol Electives