Advanced Shotgun Tactics
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to introduce the patrol officer to advanced elements of police shotgun operation, manipulation and deployment not discussed is the basic training firearms course. For course completion, students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in practical exercises. Each Course is Limited to 10 Students. This course is presented by the Pennsylvania State Police. Instructors are Pennsylvania State Police firearms instructors, M.P.O.E.T.C. firearms instructors and Sig Sauer Academy Master Firearms Instructors.
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 1 Day/8 Hours
INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES: To expose students to advanced shotgun handling skills and advanced situational deployment options. After completion, students will have been exposed to and have explored:
- Weapon retention and fighting at CQB distance.
- Situational speed transition from buckshot to slug / slug to buckshot.
- Clearing malfunctions.
- One hand operation of shotgun.
- Shooting while standing, kneeling, prone and from unnatural shooting positions.
- Engaging multiple threats.
- Engaging threats during continuous movement.
- Shooting from behind cover.
- Options for transition to alternate weapon systems.
AUDIENCE: PSP Enlisted, MP, LEO
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 8 - CLEE ID # CLE01032
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
<<<Back to Main Training Page