AMERICAN RED CROSS FIRST AID AND CPR/AED-FPR INSTRUCTOR COURSE
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The Department is offering a CPR/AED-FPR Certification course. This course will train instructor candidates to teach basic-level American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED courses for the Professional Rescuer. To participate in this course, you must possess a current basic-level American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED (or higher level) certification or equivalent. This is a blended learning course consisting of online content, a pre-course skills session and classroom segments. Online material must be completed prior to attending the classroom activities. Each applicant must complete a one-hour on-line ARC course for admission into the program. Information and a time line for completion will be forwarded to each candidate by the ARC.
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 3 Day / 24 Hours
INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, the student will possess the knowledge and skill to:
- Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model.
- Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants to stay engaged in the learning process.
- Perform applicable first aid, CPR and AED skills at the appropriate level.
- Ensure participants health and safety during training.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Plan, organize, and conduct the first aid, CPR and AED courses in accordance with the requirements of the specific class they will be teaching.
- Monitor participants practice and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill chart.
- Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tool are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant's performance.
- Choose the appropriate course and materials to meet the specific training needs of participants or groups.
AUDIENCE: PSP Enlisted
PREREQUISITE(S): Student must possess a current basic level American Red Cross CPR/AED First Aid Certification.
|Not Offered at This Time||Sergeant William J. Langman, 717-533-9111, Extension 329||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page