Clandestine Drug Laboratory Investigations
COURSE DESCRIPTON: This one-day class is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to investigate methamphetamine laboratories. Tops covered include the methods of manufacturing methamphetamine, and the investigation tools used to investigate these illegal laboratories. The student will learn how to identify precursors, essential chemicals, and paraphernalia used in the methamphetamine manufacturing process. They will understand the hazards and risks with each laboratory and safe practices when investigating these labs. The student will also be provided information on the PSP Clandestine Laboratory Response Team. Lastly, the student will be introduced to other clandestine drug laboratories.
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 1 Day / 8 Hours
INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course the student will be able to demonstrate how to identify and investigate methamphetamine laboratories.
- Define methamphetamine and identify the paraphernalia for methamphetamine use.
- Identify the precursors in clandestine methamphetamine laboratories.
- Understand the PA State Laws that apply to the manufacturing of methamphetamine.
- Utilize safe practices and protocols when investigating methamphetamine labs.
- Understand the resources available for assisting in methamphetamine laboratory investigations.
- Apply investigation tactics, such as pseudoephedrine tracking, to identify potential methamphetamine manufacturers.
- Be introduced to other clandestine drug laboratories, including fentanyl production, indoor marijuana grows, and psilocybin mushroom grows.
COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS: The student will be given a written test at the end of this course and must score at least a 70% on the written test.
AUDIENCE: PSP Enlisted, MP, LEO
MPOTETC CLEE HOURS: 8 – CLEE ID # CLE01485
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page