Concealed Carry for the Plainclothes Officer
Course Description: This course is designed for Police Officers who carry a firearm while working in plainclothes as well as officers who carry a weapon off duty. Topics of instruction will include: the types and styles of concealed holsters, firearms carrying positions and their pros and cons, on-duty/off-duty survival mind-set, hands-on drills, and live fire range drills.
- Personal carry weapon (Revolver or pistol).
- Two Speed loaders/magazines.
- 300 rounds of ammunition.
- Training rounds.
- All plainclothes/off-duty holsters.
Eye and ear protection.
- Soft body armor.
- A bagged lunch.
- Appropriate clothing, including inclement weather gear.
- It is also encouraged that plainclothes officers wear clothing appropriate to their duty assignment if possible (OLD slacks, sport coat, and tie for detectives/criminal investigators).
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/8 Hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
- Properly conceal their weapon.
- Drawing their weapon quickly and safely from their preferred carry position.
- Engaging a TQ-15 Target safely and accurately from various distances and while moving to cover.
- Loudly verbalizing their identity as a plainclothes officer to simulated responding uniformed officers.
- Having badge and/or displayed for simulated responding uniformed officers after engaging TQ-15 Target.
Course Completion Requirements: Attendance and successfully pass (75% or above) a written examination.
Audience: PSP Enlisted, MP, LEO
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID # CLE00520
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Other, See Notes||4/28/2020 9:00 AM||4/28/2020 3:00 PM||NETC Commanding Officer, 570-288-3659||No|
Maximum of 14 students
This class will be held at:
Towanda Borough Fire Department
101 Elm Street
<<<Back to Main Training Page