Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEW) Maintenance Officer
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is being presented to supervisors and members who have been designated as department CEW Maintenance Officers. The course consists of general and technical information needed to conduct proper data download, perform inspections, basic troubleshooting, and necessary preventive maintenance to department CEW's. The course also includes basics in evidence collection and firing log interpretation.
- Business casual / collared shirt
- Department issued CEW
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: ½ Day / 5 Hours
- Explain the technology associated with CEW's
- Explain proper care and troubleshooting techniques
- Demonstrate basic maintenance of department CEW's
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Department regulations associated with CEW's
- Describe the nomenclature and operation of the CEW.
- Explain how to conduct proper uploading and downloading of CEW's
COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS: Students must successfully pass a written exam with a 90% or higher.
AUDIENCE: PSP ENLISTED; LCE
PREREQUISITE(S): Certified CEW user
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form
SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the
Training Center Page.
<<<Back to Main Training Page