Dynamics of Officer/citizen encounters
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course will provide the student the tools they need to effectively engage citizens in a professional manner without compromising their own safety in the process.
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 1 Day
INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES: Police interactions with citizens are in the national spotlight. This course provides training and tools to effectively engage citizens in a professional manner without compromising officer safety in the process. The training focuses on officer/citizen contacts to enhance officer safety while also increasing the quality of contacts with citizens. The course includes guided discussions, video analysis and case studies to enhance officers’ physical and career survival.
During this course, students will examine:
• Effective Communication with People in Crisis
• Current Research about the Threats to Officer Safety
• Awareness: Going Beyond “Keep Your Head on a Swivel”
• Addressing the Culture of Speed in Law Enforcement
• Characteristics of Officers Killed and Assaulted (LEOKA)
• Unconditional Respect as an Officer Safety Tool
• Increased Officer Safety and Public Safety
AUDIENCE: LEO, MP, PSP Enlisted
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
|Not Offered at This Time||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page