Field Force Extrication Tactics (FFE PER-202)
Course Description: Field Force Extrication Tactics (FFE) is a three-day course that provides students with the knowledge and skills to operate the tools necessary to extricate individuals safely from protester devices while reducing liability and ensuring due process. Responders receive instruction in protest situations, legal considerations, responsibilities of extrication teams, and extrication techniques required to defeat protester devices. The course culminates in a series of hands-on activities that allow responders to practice the learned skills (operating extrication tools, defeating protester devices, and communicating with other students while operating power tools) in a realistic context.
Students must be in good physical shape and be capable of lifting 60 pounds while bending at the knees and waist; and be capable of operating the following power tools while bending downward and forward at the waist: Extrication saw, Angle grinder, Reciprocating saw, Jackhammer, Rotary hammer, Rebar cutter, Rotary tool.
Instructional Hours: 3 Days/24 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Identify considerations of a protest situation in accordance with analysis of current legal precedence and crowd control best practices.
- Plan a response to a protester device situation in accordance with tactical objectives.
- Defeat protester devices.
- Operate the hand tools in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
Course Completion Requirements: Attendance and successfully pass a FEMA written and practical examination.
Audience: PSP Enlisted
Prerequisite(s): To be eligible for the course, the student must successfully complete the following courses:
- AWR-160, WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders;
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System, IS-100, or any of the available ICS-100 series; and
- IS-700.b, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction, IS-700.
This course is sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Police and the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP). This course is an Accredited Provider (AP) of Continuing Education Units (CEU) and is authorized to award the following CEUs for successful completion of this activity:
- FLETA (Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation) - 24 CEUs
- IACET (International Association of Continuing Education and Training) – 2.4 CEUs
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 24 - CLEE ID # CLE01188
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Not Offered at This Time||No|
Maximum of 20 students
This class is for PSP Members ONLY.
<<<Back to Main Training Page