FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR - PSP
Course Description: Members attending this course will receive instruction on the Department’s Firearms Qualification and Familiarization Courses, Proper Range Procedures, Tally Sheet Information, and Chemical Munitions. Members shall be required to score 85% or higher on the Department’s Pistol Combat Course (255/300), Shotgun Combat Course (85/100), and Dim-Light Combat Course (153/180) to be certified as a Firearms Instructor.
Members shall bring appropriate attire for both the classroom and the firing range.
Additional Information: Members shall also bring the following:
- Pennsylvania Crimes Code
- Issued Sig Sauer P227 Pistol, with weapon light and three magazines.
- Complete set of issued duty gear with four keepers.
- Remington Model 870P shotgun.
- Department patrol rifle.
- Department issued flashlight (members are encouraged to also bring a smaller personal flashlight).
- Cleaning equipment for both pistol and shotgun.
- Baseball-style cap.
- Riot helmet.
- Gas mask with carrier.
- Department ballistic shield with lights.
- Soft-body armor.
- Raincoat and cruiser jacket.
- Safety goggles.
- Ear protection.
- 1,000 rounds of .223 ammunition.
- 500 rounds of .45 automatic ammunition.
- 100 rounds of shotgun ammunition (50 rounds of buckshot and 50 rounds of slug).
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 30 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NWTC||9/10/2018 8:00 AM||9/19/2018 4:00 PM||NWTC Commanding Officer, 814-332-6888||No|
Maximum of 20 students
Due to range availability this course will not be held on Saturday and Sunday.
This course will run from Monday, September 10 through Friday, September 14, 2018, and then Monday, September 17 through Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
|Other, See Notes||11/26/2018 8:00 AM||12/5/2018 3:00 PM||SETC Commanding Officer, 610-584-8633||No|
Allentown Police Academy
Maximum of 16 students
This course is a total of eight days; however, due to Allentown's Police Academy range rules, no training can be held on the weekends.
This course will run Monday-Friday the first week and then Monday-Wednesday on the second week.
|SWTC||8/13/2018 8:00 AM||8/20/2018 4:00 PM||SWTC Commanding Officer, 724-832-5250||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page