Ground Defense I
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the students with skills and techniques necessary to defend and overcome a subject's active resistance while in a grounded position. The course will examine takedown prevention techniques as well as tactical considerations and transitions related to various grounded postures.
Due to the physical nature of this training, students must evaluate and consider their own fitness level prior to enrolling in this class.
Equipment Needed: Students will be required to perform many of the drills and exercises associated with this course while dressed in patrol related equipment.
Instructional Hours: 3 Days/18 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to defend and overcome a subject's active resistance in a physical altercation.
The following topics/techniques will be addressed throughout the course:
- An officer's ability to effectively move while on the ground.
- Proper falling techniques.
- Takedown avoidance and defense techniques.
- A grounded officer's defense against a standing attacker.
- Tactical considerations associated with the four basic ground positions.
- Escape techniques from the four basic ground positions.
- Defense against various airway and vascular chokes.
- Escape techniques from several common holds and locks.
- Weapon retention techniques while in grounded situations.
Course Completion Requirements: Attendance and successfully demonstrate a minimum of three of the above techniques.
Audience: PSP Enlisted, LEC, LEO, MCEO, MP
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# CLE00526
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|NWTC||3/30/2020 9:00 AM||4/1/2020 4:00 PM||NWTC Commanding Officer, 814-332-6888||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page