Intoxilyzer 9000 8-Hour Update
Course Description: This course is designed to update and familiarize prior Class A breath test operators with the theory and main components of the Intoxilyzer 9000. This course will convey to the student an understanding of the effects of alcohol consumption on the human body. Provide the student pre-breath-test legal challenges to chemical tests.
Course limited to 20 students.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/8 Hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will possess the knowledge and skill required to:
- Training outline and course requirements.
- Basic technical data of the Intoxilyzer 9000.
- DUI case law, Regulations, and Department procedures.
- Breath Test operation record keeping.
- Alcohol absorption and metabolism in the human body.
- Operation of the Intoxilyzer 9000, to include, external parts of the Intoxilyzer, navigating the software, breath test sequences, and exception messages.
Course Completion Requirements: Attendance and successful completion of a knowledge check.
Audience: PSP Enlisted, MP
Prerequisites: To comply with Title 67, §77.23(c)(2), all students must have successfully completed Course A for a Type A alcohol breath testing instrument (i.e. DataMaster, Intoximeter AS IV/RBT IV, Intoxilyzer 5000) prior to taking this course. A copy of the student's certificate must be turned in with the application, or to the instructor at the start of the 8-hour Update Course.
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 8 - CLEE ID # CLE01033
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
<<<Back to Patrol Electives