ON-SCENE COLLISION INVESTIGATION - LEVEL I
Course Description: This one-week course is designed for all patrol officers. The course includes information on how to identify, document, and collect physical evidence from the roadway and the involved vehicles. Other topics include: basic scene photography, the collision series of events, and a mock accident scene measuring exercise. The course does not include any mathematical computations, except for demonstration purposes, and is done after the course examination to show students what they can expect during their next level of training.
- Students should bring a calculator on the last day of the course to participate in a demonstration of collision investigation math.
Instructional Hours: 5 days / 30 hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
- Identify and document various types of roadway evidence found at motor vehicle collision scenes.
- Identify and document evidence in relation to the vehicles involved in collisions.
- Describe the series of events that led up to, during and after the motor vehicle collision being investigated.
- Prepare hand-drawn, scale diagrams of collision scenes.
- Properly document collision scenes using photography.
Audience: PSP Enlisted; MP
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID#: CLE00536
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Not Offered at This Time||Yes|
<<<Back to Main Training Page