PSP Patrol Rifle Instructor
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course will certify members to provide instruction on the Department’s
AR-15 Colt LE 6940 Patrol Rifle.
INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: 3 Days / 24 Hours
INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES: This course is designed to train existing field Firearms Instructors (FI) in the proper handling, shooting, operation, and care/cleaning of the Departments’ Colt AR-15 LE 6940 patrol rifle in order for them to provide instruction and training on the patrol rifle for members in the field.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• List and locate the nomenclature of the AR-15
• Understand the mounting and the use of all accessories on the rifle
• Teach and explain patrol rifle marksmanship skills
• Teach, explain, and demonstrate safe and effective patrol rifle handling skills
• Teach, explain, and demonstrate the different body shooting positions and rifle positions
• Teach, explain, and demonstrate the correct operation techniques of the rifle
• Properly sight-in the rifle using the iron sights and Aimpoint optic
• Safely and effectively run range sessions and Department courses of fire for the AR-15
• Qualify and train Department personnel in the field on the AR-15 rifle
• Field strip and properly clean and maintain the AR-15 rifle
Department AR-15 LE 6940 patrol rifle
500 rounds (1 case) .223 FMJ ammo
50 rounds (1 box) of 45 Auto TMJ ammo
Handheld flashlight with tail cap on/off switch
Personal eye and ear protection (will be provided if necessary)
Full duty gun belt with keepers
Department Sig Sauer P227 pistol with 3 magazines
Workable 2-point V-tac sling
Working optic and weapon light with fresh batteries
4 – 20 round AR-15 magazines
Soft body armor and ballistic rifle vest (optional)
PSP baseball cap
Seasonal Class A uniform shirt
Black BDU pants
AUDIENCE: PSP Enlisted.
PREREQUISITE(S): Pennsylvania State Police Firearms Instructor Course (PSPFI).
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 30 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|There are no items to show in this view of the "TrainingClasses2" list.|