Police Response to Downed Electrical Wires
Course Description: This course is designed to provide students with a safe and tactical approach when dealing with downed electrical wires. The course will educate students in the obvious and hidden dangers when encountering this type of electrical hazard. The student will participate in classroom lecture as well as an outside practical exercise on properly maintaining a safe perimeter and managing necessary resources. Past law enforcement injuries and fatalities will also be examined and discussed.
- Students should wear athletic footwear to properly perform the outside exercise drills.
Instructional Hours: 1 Day/8 Hours
Instructional Objectives: After completion, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the obvious and hidden dangers of dealing with downed electrical wire situations.
- Cite three specific reasons to maintain a safe distance and explain how a deactivated wire can suddenly become energized.
- Explain the nature of electricity and step potential.
- Follow proper procedures to safely contain an electrical hazard.
- Demonstrate the approved techniques when exiting a vehicle involved in an electrical hazard.
Course Completion Requirements: Attendance and successful completion of a 7-question knowledge check.
Audience: PSP Personnel, MP. LEO
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 6 - CLEE ID# - CLE00539
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|SETC||2/25/2020 9:00 AM||2/25/2020 3:00 PM||SETC Commanding Officer, 610-584-8633||No|