Course Description: In this course, instruction will be provided on the basic of the Spanish Language. By using the building blocks of the alphabet, numbers, and pronunciation rules to develop the reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish. Arrest commands and controls, and traffic stop expressions will be practiced in Spanish. In addition, the class will focus on the investigation of criminal and patrol related incidents in Spanish. The student will utilize these skills during a practicum and role play(s) on the final day.
- Comfortable clothing for the role playing on the third day.
Instructional Hours: 3 Days / 24 Hours
After completion, the student will be able to:
- Have limited interactions with victims, witnesses, and defendants in their native language of Spanish.
- Gather information when dealing with Spanish speaking individuals to complete necessary reports.
- Say arrest commands and control expressions in Spanish.
- Handle general/unknown-risk and known-risk/high-traffic stops in Spanish.
- Recognize Spanish street slang, gang slang, drug terms, and weapon terms.
- Recognizing imminent danger words and when to take safety precautions.
- Understand cultural and behavioral information to enhance officer preparedness.
Audience: PSP Enlisted, PSP Employee; LEO; MP
Registration: Please register for the classes below using form SP 8-130. All applications must be received 7 days prior to the course start date.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Not Offered at This Time||No|
<<<Back to Main Training Page