Shoe and Tire Impression Evidence
Course Description: This course provides instruction in the history of shoe and tire impression evidence. It will also teach proper search techniques, documentation and the collection procedures of the impression evidence discovered. Students will participate in several workshops including photography, measuring and casting impression evidence. Lecture with PowerPoint presentations, classroom demonstrations and discussions as well as student practicum exercises will be utilized.
This course is instructed by members of the Pennsylvania State Police, Bureau of Forensics Services.
Instructional Hours: 3 Days/16 hours
Instructional Objectives: Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to properly identify and document shoe and tire impression evidence and the proper procedures with collection of such evidence.
After completion, the student will be able to:
- Shoe and Tire Impression Evidence.
- Shoe and Tire Manufacturing process.
- Shoe and Tire Nomenclature.
- History of Shoe and Tire Impression Evidence.
- Photographing Shoe and Tire Impression Evidence.
- Recovery and Enhancement Equipment.
- Electrostatic Dust Lifter.
- Casting and Tire Measurement Documentation.
- Laboratory Analysis and Review.
- Practicums: Photography and Casting, Cast Recovery and Cleaning, Chemical Enhancement.
Course Completion Requirements: Attendance and successful completion of a knowledge check.
Audience: PSP Enlisted, MP
Prerequisite(s): Crime Scene Photography or equivalent PSP approved training.
MPOETC CLEE Hours: 16 - CLEE ID#: CLEE00557
Registration: Please register for the classes below using this form.
Locations: For a list of all training centers and directions, please visit the Training Center Page.
|Not Offered at This Time||No|