Pennsylvania STATE POLICE
Our Department’s enlisted and civilian personnel are committed to providing
world class service to our police partners and the citizens of the Commonwealth.
We will accomplish this while remaining focused on our Core Purpose:
To seek justice, preserve peace, and improve the quality of life for
Since our inception in 1905, the Pennsylvania State Police has been dedicated to serving the public. It is our desire to improve our ability to reach citizens by using technology to increase the speed, accuracy and availability of police and safety related information.
The Pennsylvania State Police remind you that drinking and driving can take the holiday spirit out of this joyous time of year. Here are a few tips to avoid a drunk driving disaster:
- Plan a safe way home before attending any festivities where you will be drinking.
- Always designate a sober driver.
- If you’re impaired and don’t have a designated driver, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation (if available).
- If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, call 911.
- And remember, friends don’t let friends drive drunk. If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to safely get where they are going.
- The 2013 Annual Uniform Crime Report is now available online.
- The 2013 Pennsylvania Police Pursuit Report is now available online.